Grade: F for FOUL
Rating: R, 122 minutes
In a Nutshell: I guess I just don’t get this movie. In fact, I hated it. Audiences are loving it, but I thought it was one of the most crude, trashy movies I had ever seen. I’m honestly surprised that the talented cast would want to be part of such a disgusting, filthy script.
- Friendship, forgiveness, loyalty
- “Realize your own truth.” – Ryan (Regina Hall)
- Power to rediscover your own voice
- It’s better to be alone than with someone who disrespects you.
Things I liked:
- The cast includes Queen Latifah, Jada Pinkett Smith, Regina Hall, and Tiffany Haddish. I thought Tiffany's character was the most disgusting and disgraceful, so I guess you could say she did a great job.
- Some music celebrity cameos. The Essence Music Festival occurs every year in New Orleans.
- I got a kick out of all of Queen Latifah’s hairstyles.
Things I didn’t like:
- TONS of nasty, crude jokes, foul behavior, offensive language, and repulsive images.
- The girls do horribly crude things and have a night of extremely bad behavior and then they kneel down to pray. So, praying makes all of their bad character, foul language and trashy behavior OK all of a sudden? I believe in repentance, but the very next day they go out and do it all again.
- The girlfriends scream profanities at each other and are constantly fighting.
- Two of the women pee all over everyone from a zip-line above a crowd. Disgusting. I’m not talking about a little dribble either. Think full-on spraying hose. Gross. Not funny.
- Ryan’s husband cheats on her, yet she flirts with someone else and thinks it's OK.
- The two token white girls were both painted as idiots.
- Why are so many movies coming out that glorify girls behaving badly?
- I love a good comedy, but the jokes in this movie were juvenile and disgusting.
Tips for parents:
- Pure garbage. If you wanted your kids to watch this movie with a filter, it would be about a 10 minute movie.
- Extreme profanity and offensive language. That’s not even including the 429,871 F-bombs.
- Drugs, alcohol, sex, fighting
- Full-frontal nudity of an old guy. Yuck.
- Dina opens her shirt up at a concert to reveal pasties.
- Very immodest clothing.
MOVIE REVIEW MOM