- “You can’t turn back the clock, but you can wind it up again.” – Mater (Larry the Cable Guy)
- “Don’t feel failure. Be afraid of not having the chance!” – Sally (Bonnie Hunt)
- “Try something new.” – Lightning McQueen (Owen Wilson)
- “You can use anything negative as fuel to push through to the positive.” – Cruz Ramirez (Cristela Alonzo)
- “The truth is always quicker.” – old car (What’s his name?)
- Believe in yourself.
- The animation is extremely impressive.
- The training sequences were pretty cute.
- A lot of really beautiful landscapes and environments.
- It earns its Pixar magic in the Third Act. Very sweet.
- Parents and grandparents might be able to relate to the feeling of aging and being past their prime, like Lightning McQueen feels. There is a positive lesson here for all of us old farts.
- It’s great to hear John Ratzenburger’s voice again. Other familiar, favorite voice talents include Cheech Marin, Tony Shalhoub, Bonnie Hunt, Kerry Washington, Nathan Fillion, Bob Costas, and of course, Owen Wilson.
- The story is very similar to the first movie in that an old driver (Doc Hudson) has-been tries to make a comeback.
- How many kids (which is the target audience) are going to be able to relate to a midlife crisis?
- There is a LOT of time spent racing. That might lose the interest of some little girls.
- Despite being a racing moving, it's a little slow-moving. Ironic, eh?
- There isn't as much humor as the first movie.
- Paul Newman was the original voice of Doc Hudson. They used some of the unused audio clips from the first movie to add his voice to this film after his death. By the way, did you know Paul Newman was a race car driver for many years?
- Mack drives through Arlo’s family farm, which was shown in Pixar’s movie The Good Dinosaur.
- One of the new racers whose number is 31 is sponsored by Triple Dent Gum, which was the gum commercial that annoyed Anger in the movie Inside Out.
- The only other Pixar film to have a 3rd movie installment is Toy Story.
- All three Cars movies came out around the same time as Pirates of the Caribbean movies.
- Look closely and you’ll see a Pizza Planet truck from Toy Story during the demolition scene.
- “Life’s a beach and then you drive.” – Lighning McQueen
- This is very safe for children of all ages. There is no profanity or anything inappropriate.
- There are some car crashes.