Saturday, July 22, 2017

Girls Trip gets an F for extremely foul

Movie Title: 
 Girls Trip

Grade:  F for FOUL

Rating: R, 122 minutes

In a Nutshell:  I guess I just don’t get this movie.  In fact, I hated it. Audiences are loving it, but I thought it was one of the most crude, trashy movies I had ever seen.  I’m honestly surprised that the talented cast would want to be part of such a disgusting, filthy script.

Uplifting theme: 
  • Friendship, forgiveness, loyalty

  • “Realize your own truth.” – Ryan (Regina Hall)
  • Power to rediscover your own voice
  • It’s better to be alone than with someone who disrespects you.

Things I liked:
  • The cast includes Queen Latifah, Jada Pinkett Smith, Regina Hall, and Tiffany Haddish.  I thought Tiffany's character was the most disgusting and disgraceful, so I guess you could say she did a great job.
  • Some music celebrity cameos.  The Essence Music Festival occurs every year in New Orleans.
  • I got a kick out of all of Queen Latifah’s hairstyles.

Things I didn’t like:
  • TONS of nasty, crude jokes, foul behavior, offensive language, and repulsive images.
  • The girls do horribly crude things and have a night of extremely bad behavior and then they kneel down to pray.  So, praying makes all of their bad character, foul language and trashy behavior OK all of a sudden? I believe in repentance, but the very next day they go out and do it all again.
  • The girlfriends scream profanities at each other and are constantly fighting. 
  •  Two of the women pee all over everyone from a zip-line above a crowd.  Disgusting.  I’m not talking about a little dribble either.  Think full-on spraying hose.  Gross.  Not funny.
  • Ryan’s husband cheats on her, yet she flirts with someone else and thinks it's OK.
  • The two token white girls were both painted as idiots.
  • Why are so many movies coming out that glorify girls behaving badly?
  • I love a good comedy, but the jokes in this movie were juvenile and disgusting.

Tips for parents: 
  • Pure garbage.  If you wanted your kids to watch this movie with a filter, it would be about a 10 minute movie.
  • Extreme profanity and offensive language.  That’s not even including the 429,871 F-bombs.
  • Drugs, alcohol, sex, fighting
  • Full-frontal nudity of an old guy.  Yuck.
  • Dina opens her shirt up at a concert to reveal pasties.
  • Very immodest clothing.


MOVIE REVIEW MOM

@trinaboice 

No comments: