Friday, October 27, 2017

Jigsaw is twisted and sick

Movie Title:  JigSaw

Grade:  C

Rating: R

In a Nutshell:  I don’t like gory, torture movies, so it’s no surprise that I’ve never seen any of the previous 7 movies in the Saw franchise.  Somehow I ended up in the theater watching this one.  (Oh yeah, I get paid to watch movies.) 

It’s basically what I expected: a gory, torture movie.  Yuck.  Presented by Twisted Pictures, this is just a twisted, sick movie. Saw fans will probably enjoy it, since it has been many years since the last movie….which was actually supposed to be the last movie in the series.  Why did we need another one?

Uplifting theme: 
  • “What’s the value of a life?” – Anna (Laura Vandervoort)
  • “There are no short-cuts in life.” -  Jigsaw
  • “We all have a thumb on the scale, for good or for evil.” – John Kramer (Tobin Bell)   TRUE
  • Motivations
  • Take responsibility for your actions.

Things I liked:
  • Timed well for Halloween.  Is it me or has Halloween become more freaky, creepy and sick lately?
  • I hear that the first 7 films in the Saw franchise had odd color and sound effects, but this one looks more professionally made.
  • It takes those popular “Room Escape” concepts to a new level.  Have you ever been to any of those?  I’ve been to a few in several different cities and got a kick out of them.
  • Twist.  I love twists in movies.

Things I didn’t like:
  • The plot doesn’t make sense.
  • It’s just demented.



Tips for parents: 
  • This is a messed up movie.  It tries to act like John Kramer is torturing people with nothing but good intentions in mind and to create balance in the world.
  • Bloody, violent, gory deaths.
  • Lots of screaming and murderous torture.


MOVIE REVIEW MOM

@trinaboice 

No comments: