Movie Title: Keeping Up with the Joneses
Rating: PG-13, 101 minutes
In a Nutshell: Jon Hamm (Mad Men: Season 1) and Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman) are gorgeous. So, there’s THAT. This suburban spy flick has some funny moments, but also some really dumb ones that miss the opportunity that this talented cast offers.
- Friendship, family, neighbors
- "It's nice to get out of the cul-de-sac every now and then." - Tim Jones (Jon Hamm)
Things I liked:
- There are some truly funny lines and insights on society.
- Good music soundtrack, featuring Rascal Flats.
- Nice Mercedes in the end!
- Patton Oswalt always makes me laugh.
- Zach Galifianakis has great comedic timing.
Things I didn’t like:
- It’s super crude with lots of sex jokes.
- It makes fun of wholesome family life in the suburbs.
- Super cliched.
- Silly humor.
- "Things aren't always what they seem." - Tim Jones (Jon Hamm)
- "It takes courage to be honest." - Tim
- "Kids can't have crooked teeth in this society. This isn't Great Britain!" - Jeff Gaffney (Zach Galifianakis)
- “I may not need to moisturize, but I have feelings.” – Nataline Jones (Gal Gadot)
- “Never judge a woman by her spice rack.” – Karen Gaffney (Isla Fisher)
- “Maybe I should show you how to throw like a girl.” - Nataline
- "A killer dress." - Nataline "That's ALL of it?" - Karen
- "Shock and awe!" - Jeff
- “That’s a live snake!” – Jeff “Yeah Jeff, it’s a snake restaurant.” – Tim “Yeah, but at Panda Express they don’t serve panda! Do they?” - Jeff
- “Get in the car and we’ll explain everything….mostly.” – Tim
- "I was making a head start!” – Jeff “On your wife?!” – Karen
- “What? High speed car chases make me hungry, Honey.” – Karen
Tips for parents:
- A LOT of sex jokes and women in very skimpy clothing.
- Conversations about poop.
- 1 F-bomb and lots of profanity.
- Raucous sex scene implied.