Movie Title: Ride Along 2
Grade: D for Dumb
Rating: PG-13, 1 hour 42 minutes
In a Nutshell: If you liked the first one, you’ll laugh again. If you thought the first Ride Along was lame and annoying, then you’ll definitely want to skip this one. Produced by Ice Cube, this action flick features lazy mayhem, Kevin Hart’s exaggerated physical comedy, and tired shenanigans.
- Family matters.
Things I liked:
- This buddy cop sequel features Ice Cube and Kevin Hart, who undoubtedly have great chemistry together.
- Tika Sumpter is beautiful.
- Lots of fun music.
- The cell phone scene in the store was pretty funny. You know you’re low on someone’s “favorites” list if the ring tone they select for you is the Apple default.
- Benjamin Bratt and Olivia Munn join the ensemble.
Things I didn’t like:
- Ken Jeong can always be counted on for nasty laughs. Did you know he was actually a doctor? He has a new TV sitcom coming out based on his real life called “Dr. Ken.”
- Lots of rude and bad behavior.
- Kevin Hart is both adorable and annoying. This is not his best movie.
- Lots of irritating screaming and nonsense.
- “I don’t compliment no marshmallow.” – James Payton (Ice Cube)
- “Do you ever hear the XXX that flies out of your mouth?” - James
“No.” – Ben Barber (Kevin Hart)
- “Quiet. The adults are talking.” –Lt. Brooks (Bruce McGill)
- “Look at me. Don’t look at me. Look at me. Don’t look at me…that was a test.” – Ben
- “I’d love a wonton or two. It’s not racist if I say it.” – A.J. (Ken Jeong)
Tips for parents:
- Lots of scantily clad women. Tons.
- Lots of profanity. Tons.
- Pre-marital relations.
- Lots of shooting and fighting.