Movie Title: Resident Evil: The Final Chapter [Blu-ray]
Rating: R, 106 minutes
In a Nutshell: This is the 6th and supposed final installment in the popular dystopian video game and movie franchise, featuring Milla Jovovich. It has all of the necessary jumps, scares, and fang close-ups you’d expect from the same director who did Alien Vs. Predator (Paul W. S. Anderson.)
Milla Jovovich doesn’t age, but gets better with her long, athletic legs that can jump and flip over anything, as well as kick alien/zombie/bad guy butt. Her ice cold stare is priceless. Can you imagine her and Kate Beckinsale in a cat fight?
“Is that all you got?”
- Never give up.
- Sacrifice for others gives life.
Things I liked:
- If you haven’t seen any of the previous movies in this franchise, the first 5 minutes of this one will give you a quick refresher.
- It feels like a video game at times.
- Another tough girl I’ve always liked watching in movies is Ali Larter.
- Some of the stunts are pretty impressive.
Things I didn’t like:
- Cars never start when you need them to in an emergency. Lame.
- It’s a bit confusing.
- Mind-numbing, non-stop action the entire time. There’s a lot of running and kicking. I was exhausted just watching them.
- A lot of the scenes are at night or in the dark, so this movie is going to look horrible on a computer monitor or small TV.
- The title suggests that this is the last movie in the franchise, but the ending certainly leaves it open for another one…
- “I made you.” – Albert Wesker (Shawn Roberts)
“Yeah, big mistake.” – Alice
- “What are we gonna do?” – Doc
“We’re going to kill every last one of them.” – Alice
- “We played a long game, you and I, but now it’s over.” – Albert
“Yes. Yes it is.” - Alice
Tips for parents:
- This is super violent, bloody, and gory.
- Tons of explosions, crashes, and destruction.
- Scary zombies racing after you.
- Some profanity.