Movie: Jurassic World
PG-13, 2 hours 3 minutes
In a Nutshell: I was so excited to see the newest installment of the dino franchise! Of course, we already know what the plot will be: bad dinosaur escapes and people get eaten. The dinos destroy more than a theme park; they roared at the box office and actually broke two major records as the biggest weekend opening, domestically, as well as globally.
Most people are right to be skeptical when another movie is added to a franchise, but love for the original and curiosity seem to be driving audiences to the theater. One of the characters in the movie plays an investor who says “We want to be thrilled.” Claire responds “Don’t we all?” Yep!
· In a battle between Mother Nature and Man, she wins every time.
· Going to a dinosaur theme park is, apparently, never a good idea.
Things I liked:
· I loved the very beginning of the movie when you see dinosaur eggs crack open and you hear a heart beating. That’s how I felt…the hope and excitement of something new…a new Jurassic movie! As expected, the special effects and action were great.
· This franchise has one of the best theme songs ever, don’t you think?
· I adore Bryce Dallas Howard in anything. I love her cute haircut. I tried an A-frame bob, but it never looked like cute like hers. Love the color. You know she’s Ron Howard’s daughter, right?
· As if we need an excuse to go to Dairy Queen, the ice cream chain is featuring the new “Jurassic Smash Blizzard”, an adventure in every bite. Yum.
· I LOVED Chris Pratt in Guardians of the Galaxy, so I was excited to see him again. There is talk of him playing Indiana Jones in the next installment of that franchise. He’d be great. Can he get any cooler than riding a motorcycle while leading a pack of raptors?
· I’m happy to see Judy Greer in something other than a TV commercial lately. She’s so talented and fun to watch.
· I liked seeing Dr. Wu (B.D.Wong) again. SPOILER ALERT: Nice twist.
· New Girl fans will be happy to see Jake Johnson as the comic relief in the movie. I thought the conversation about the Jurassic Park T-shirt from Ebay was pretty funny.
· It’s definitely better in 3D.
· The gyroscope “hamster ball” ride was friggin awesome. The bored attendant was hilarious. “C’mon guys, I just work here.”
· Jimmy Fallon. Ha ha
Things I didn’t like:
· The side story of the boys kind of derailed the story
· People talk, but say very little.
· I wonder how much money Verizon Wireless paid for the shout-out.
· Sure, there are some holes in the story. Who cares.
· Someone in the movie should have said “Must go faster!”
· One of the boys should have red hair. Just sayin.
· “You’re the new guy, right? Ever wonder why there was a job opening?” – Owen
· Extinct animals have no rights.” – Vic Hoskins
“They’re not extinct anymore, Hoskins.” - Owen
· “”Drones can’t search tunnels and caves. And they’re hackable. The minute a real war breaks out, all that fancy tech is gonna go dark!” – Vic
“Yeah, but that tech’s not gonna eat them if they forget to feed it.” - Owen
· “What kind of diet doesn’t allow tequila?” – Owen
“All of them, actually.” – Claire
· “Think it’ll scare the kids?” – Claire
“The kids? This will give the parents nightmares!” – Simon
“Is that good?” – Claire
“It’s fantastic!” – Simon
· “They’re dinosaurs. Wow enough.” – Owen
· “We’re going to get arrested. They’ll shave our heads and we’ll have to make root beer in toilets.” – Gray Mitchell (Ty Simpkins)
· “It’s just like taking a stroll through the woods…65 million years ago.” - Owen
Did you know?:
· There have been lawsuits about who was going to get control of this movie.
· “War is part of nature.” – Vic Hoskins
· “A promise tomorrow is worth a lot less than I’m trying today.” - Karen Mitchell
Tips for Parents:
· Some profanity.
· High body count. Blood splatters.· Intense action scenes might frighten very young children.