This dark comedy has enough twists to keep the audience entertained and guessing.
Tips for parents:
- F-bombs, profanity, and other crude language.
- Talk of sex.
- Sibling rivalry.
- Fight Club action
- Blood, violence
- Someone gets shot in the arm
- Family, friendship, loyalty
- I like Rachel McAdams in pretty much everything she does.
- I love Jason Bateman, but he tends to lean towards the really raunchy movies. I appreciate that this one was a little cleaner. He and Rachel McAdams make a joke about child actors that don’t do anything with their lives, which is especially funny, because Jason Bateman was a child actor in the TV show Silver Spoons: Season 1.
- Fans of Lamorne Morris from New Girl: Season 1 will get a kick of his Denzel Washington impersonation.
- A few fun twists.
- Full of pop culture references.
- Keep watching during the rolling credits at the end.
- Cute opening with clever transitions.
- Some funny lines that I'll probably be quoting for some time.
Things I didn’t like:
- Some crude humor that lowered the quality of the film.
- The movie poster with Jason Bateman and Rachel McAdams is terrible. There is another movie poster that's being used with game pieces on it, but it isn't very good either.
* "You're not Liam Neeson!" - Annie (Rachel McAdams)
"That hurts my feelings." - Max (Jason Bateman)
* "Wait! You don't have to do this. I have children at home." - Annie
"Not with that a$$ you don't." - bad guy
* "Oh no! He died!" - Annie
* "Our baby's gonna crush all of the other babies." - Annie