Thursday, August 3, 2017

Kidnap showcases every parent's fear

Movie Title:  Kidnap

Grade:  C

Rating:   R

In a Nutshell:  Having your child kidnapped is every parent’s fear.  You don’t mess with a mother and her son.  (I have 4 sons.)

Uplifting theme: 
  • “I will never let you go.” – (Karla McCoy) Halle Berry   That's the fierce attitude of protection every parent of a young child needs to have.  
  •  Think smart. 

Things I liked:
  • The opening music tells you that you’re in for an intense ride that rips your heart out.
  • Halle Berry is as beautiful as always.  How is it that she doesn’t age, but I do?
  • What a miracle it was to watch the little boy grow up in the opening sequences. My babies grew up way too fast.
  • Lots of interesting drone views from above and other different camera angles.
  • I was impressed that she spoke nicely about her ex-husband’s new girlfriend for their son's sake.  Wow, I don't think I would be that composed.
  • She does a lot of things right, but she also makes some dumb mistakes.
  • I can’t blame her for not wanting to wait for the police to take care of matters.  Good for her for taking action.
  • It’s somewhat suspenseful as you wonder what the scumbag abductors are going to do next and what you would do as a parent in that situation.

Things I didn’t like:
  • It's just not that good of a movie.  Halle Berry is fierce, but the script lets her down.
  • The custody battle that begins in the movie is left unresolved.
  • SPOILER: That was pretty bold and dumb of the kidnappers since they didn’t know she wouldn’t have a cell phone on her. For all they knew, she could have easily called the cops or anyone for help within seconds.
  • Lots of driving around, watching Halle Berry look worried and upset.
  • There should have been some kind of informational graphic at the end, telling audiences about how many children are kidnapped each year, and providing a web site for more information on how to keep your kids safe. 



Tough lines yelled by an angry mother:
  • “You took the wrong kid!” - Karla 

Funny lines:
  • “Hey God, I know I never pray to you unless somebody is sick or dying or in an airplane…” - Karla 

Tips for parents: 
  • Some profanity, including an F-bomb.
  • Body count.
  • Lots of crashes and destruction.


MOVIE REVIEW MOM

@trinaboice 

No comments: