Tuesday, June 9, 2015

How are movies rated in YOUR country?

Thank you for reading Movie Review Maven every week!
I love watching movies and hope you love reading my reviews!

You may have noticed that I don't review any Rated R movies, unless I've seen an edited, cleaned-up version.  My goal is give families a better of idea of which movies to watch.  Here in the United States, a Rated R movie means you're going to hear more than 1 F-bomb, and probably see nudity and extreme violence.  As a mother of 4 sons, I don't find that to be family-friendly viewing!

Here is how movie ratings work in the USA:

A friend of mine, Vanessa Alfaia in Brazil, explained how movie ratings work in her country:
L     (appropriate for all ages)
10   (not recommended for kids below 10 years old)
12   (not recommended for kids below age 12)
14   (not recommended for kids below age 14)
16   (not recommended for kids below age 16)
18   (not recommended for kids below age 18 - mostly for adults)

I've noticed that a lot of international readers follow my movie review blog, so I'd love to hear how movies are rated in YOUR country!  Please share in the comment box below!

No comments: